Total Number of Monthly Active Instagram Users:
Total Number of Daily Active Instagram Users:
Snapchat Stories Daily Active Users:
Number of Photos Shared to Date:
Instagram was Sold for:
Number of Instgram Likes per day:
Number of Photos uploaded per day:
100 million, up from 70 million last year
- 68% of Instagram users are Females.
- 80% of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
- 77.6 million Instagram users are from US.
- Instagram is used by 31% of American women and 24% of men.
- 20% of all Internet users are on Instagram.
- 28% of internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram and 4% of internet users between the ages of 30 and 49 use Instagram
- The average Instagram account is growing by an average of 16% each and every month
- 16% of female internet users use Instagram and 10% of male internet users use Instagram
- 17% of teens say Instagram is the most important social media site (up from 12% in 2012)
- Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion.
- According to Facebook “we acquired Instagram, but we are still focused on user growth and the users’ experience and do not yet derive any direct revenue from Instagram.”
- Having said that, they did start sponsored ads for big brands like Nike, General Electric, and Walt Disney and they certainly make a portion of their ad revenue from Instagram.
- Instagram is expected to generate about $1.5 billion in mobile advertising sales this year and $5 billion in 2018.
- Instagram is used by 48.8%of brands—a number that is expected to rise to 70.7% by 2017.
- More than 40 Billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram so far.
- Posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement.
- When Instagram introduced videos, 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
- Instagram videos get 2 times the engagement of photos that any other social media platform.
- The most popular hashtags on Instagram are #Love, #Instagood, #Me, #Cute, and #Follow.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, followed by Sushi.
- Instagram influencers are charging up to $100,000 for a sponsored post.